Friday, February 4, 2011

The Garage

If you find yourself hungry in North Phoenix, you MUST stop into The Garage at 16th Street and Bethany Home.  I cannot get enough of this place.  It has a small, simple menu that never ceases to satisfy my craving for good food.  The first time I visited this little-known gem, the waitress told me this restaurant is the first business venture of a brother and sister...and boy have they nailed it.

The Garage is named for the building's surprising origin: the restaurant used to be an actual garage.  But you would never know it.  With the clean, modern design, the wall decor of wheels holds the only hint of what this joint once was.

Lounge Area in Front
I visited my new favorite go-to today for lunch, and have photos of our experience to share:  Grilled cheese made with buttery brioche and seasoned waffle fries; Spicy chili with all the trimmings; and Flatbread du jour with chorizo, havarti, cilantro, red onion, bacon and red jalapenos.


The Garage offers plates for around $10, and has a full bar with flat-screen televisions and outdoor seating.  Daily happy hour specials do not include food, but do include $1 off draft beer and $2 of wine glasses...and the ambiance is perfect for a post-work unwind.

And of course, don't forget to satisfy your sweet tooth right next door at Cupcakes By Design.  Ms. Sharon Beatty founded this quaint little cake shoppe in 2009, and lucky for me, just down the street from my office.  Stop in and check out the enticing variety of gourmet, handcrafted and good-to-the-last-crumb delights.  Your taste buds will thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Meagghi thank you for sharing this place with us! My husband swears that the Garage serves the best burgers in the valley. I am not as big of a burger fan, but I did sample the onion rings which were to die for. Not too greasy and the perfect combination of crunchy breading and soft onion. Love the blog, keep the up the great work! ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete